Wednesday, November 03, 2010

MonkeyBeat 57: Berwyn Rocks

It's all about digging up the past this week, with live recordings from the old Garageshock Festivals, new music from old artists & few audio snippets in tribute to a hero from my youth, Svengoolie ... Heck, who am I kiddin? I was in my early 30's last time I watch his show. It's the one thing I miss most about not living in the Chicago area. Sorry, Grandma, you're a distant #2!




Songs played:
  1. Two Cow Garage - Sally, I've Been Shot
  2. Thee Sgt Major III - The Forgotten Three
  3. Pure Country Gold - Whisperin' In Your Ear
  4. Iggy Pop & James Williamson - Consolation Prizes
  5. Flying Over - No Comeback
  6. Vee Dee - Undertaker
  7. Svengoolie - Bye Bye Berwyn
  8. M.O.T.O. - Berwyn Rocks
  9. The Fall-outs - Sleep (live at Garageshock '93)
  10. The Untamed Youth - I'm More Punk Than You (live at Garageshock '97)
  11. The Fells - She's Alright (live at Garageshock '97)
  12. Satan's Pilgrims - The Godfather (Theme) / The Shape of Things to Come (live at Garageshock '97)
  13. Steve Wynn - Colored Lights
  14. Mike Watt - Bird-In-The-Helmet-Man
  15. Black Francis - The Maharal
  16. Glen Matlock - Timebomb
  17. Deaf Preachers - Deaf Preachers
Show Notes:
  • Find out way too much about Svengoolie at the unofficial fansite Svengoolie Nation
  • MOTO's new album "No Way Street" is a must have, & only $5 at CDBaby
  • You can read some of my old ramblings about the live tracks I played on this show over at Garageshock Revisited
  • Deaf Preachers's EP "Get Deaf Or Die Tryin'" can be downloaded at Bandcamp for Free or whatever you wish to pay for it.




Those who are having trouble finding the show can download it directly via this link

0 comments: